Friday, October 1, 2010

Back Asswards

The backyard

I guess I should have explained my purpose here in Amsterdam before I started writing about the minute details...

I'm here as an au pair (or nanny as it's called in The States). I'm working for a family of four: Jim, the father, Susan, the mother, Stijn, the three year old boy, and Olivia, the new born baby.  
I live in an apartment three stories above them--this provides me with a great source of exercise as I climb my way home up the steep and seemingly endless stairs.
Baby Olivia
Stijn helping me bake chocolate cake

Right now my job consists of taking Stijn to school, changing diapers, preparing food and cleaning and all that fun motherly stuff.

I guess you're probably wondering how I got this job... One of my best friends, Fleur, whom I met while studying in Australia set me up with this fine situation. Susan, the mother, is actually Fleur's cousin. It worked out perfectly that I finished college and was offered this opportunity. So, that's that... Background information.

No comments:

Post a Comment